Pyramid Comment

This journal takes an alternative view on current affairs and other subjects. The approach is likely to be contentious and is arguably speculative. The content of any article is also a reminder of the status of those affairs at that date. All comments have been disabled. Any and all unsolicited or unauthorised links are absolutely disavowed.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

ID Cards

Originally posted July 2005

ID Cards: An Action Network Briefing
ID Cards And On The Saga Goes
ID Cards And The Saga Still Goes On...

Things have gone quiet about ID cards in Britain, especially since the latest bombings allegedly by Al Qaeda (spelling seems to vary considerably). As I recall, there has been a charge of anything between £100-300 "suggested". This must be a joke. As a citizen of UQ (aka UK) Ltd am I seriously expected to pay for the right to live in this country?

And what of immigrants? Do they get their ID card free? An immigrant who has no verifiable proof of identity information gets it for nothing?

I have been in this country all my life with all the associated records throughout this time that have accumulated, and I am expected to pay for my ID card?

I must be joking. I hope so.