Pyramid Comment

This journal takes an alternative view on current affairs and other subjects. The approach is likely to be contentious and is arguably speculative. The content of any article is also a reminder of the status of those affairs at that date. All comments have been disabled. Any and all unsolicited or unauthorised links are absolutely disavowed.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blair Pontificates About Conscience

Tony Blair "didn't do God" when he was prime minister of UQ (aka UK) Ltd, but having 'left' office abandons that stance to now "do God" by converting from presumably nothing in particular to Catholicism and setting up the Faith Foundation. A heathen is a disbeliever and to be nothing in particular does not constitute being a heathen, but it does seem he has found something that is bigger than his own superinflated ego. Logically, there is an ulterior motive behind 'discovering faith' and it just took more than the 10 years of 'power' and the attempted subjugation of the British people to notice it. Now into 'spinning' the god angle.
"Faith affects everything you do"
Tony Blair
The convenience and the lucrative bible bashing USA no doubt is just an unavoidable coincidence. Talking at the converted is what he still does. Many of those who elected him as prime minister would unconvert him, but he's gone. He declares that he wants to "awaken the world's conscience" and being EU president and an envoy to the Middle East will presumably help to wake up his own. It's a start, but the hypocrisy of this so-called 'leader' who took a nation into the illegal war in Iraq is absolutely breathtaking.
The issue of religious faith will be of the same significance to the 21st Century as political ideology was to the 20th Century. In an era of globalisation, there is nothing more important than getting people of different faiths and therefore cultures to understand each other better and live in peace and mutual respect; and to give faith itself its proper place in the future.
Tony Blair
  • Q. How has your faith personally affected your career?
  • A. I know who I am and whose I am. I don’t have big worldly goals. I never had a goal to be on a series on television or in a bunch of movies. There is no financial goal I am trying to reach. I am just doing the everyday. So when amazing things happen, I just look at it as a benefit; as a blessing. I didn’t hurt anybody to get anywhere, I didn’t step on anybody to get anywhere, and I would still be doing just fine if I was at home doing the 9-5. Same blessing.
First Lady Freebie He spoke recently to The Times about the rôle his faith now plays in his work. That's an admission that it never did before. Months ago (May 2007). The time he'd started talking up 'faith' AND leaving office. The perception of trouble is illustrated by comments made that link politics and religion. Taking a nation into an illegal war with Iraq clearly is nothing when compared to the imagined problems of justifying 'faith' to that nation.
  • "If you are somebody of faith, it affects your politics, it affects everything you do. But when I was PM, if I had given interviews on faith, I'd have just ended up with a great load of trouble. People will think this is a piece of spin, but I've always been as interested in religion as in politics. I see this, over time, as the rest of my life's work."
  • "I believe in, and I hold the doctrines (ideology) of, the Christian faith. But I think that when you start to engage in that type of thing - that you'd actually be better off if you converted to my faith - if you're not incredibly careful about how you approach that conversion, that's actually what leads to a lot of confrontation and difficulty."